Wednesday, February 03, 2016

An Anniversary

One month ago, yes...it has been one whole month LOL, I hit "publish" for my very first post.  It was both exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time.  It's scary to put part of your personal life out into the abyss for the world to see.  I questioned my sanity then decided to just go for it.  I had already made up my mind that I wanted to do this.

I had never really paid much attention to blogs before this.  I know I had gone into different ones to read an article on crafts, decor, etc.  I usually found these when browsing through Pinterest (an addiction of mine) but I still hadn't really noticed what they were all about.  One day my sister-in-law and best friend, Debbie at She Graces Her Home in God's Beauty was telling me about a teacup exchange that my wonderful niece Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose hosts.  This caught my interest. A little while later I decided to go into Stephanie's blog to have a look.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I ended up joining the teacup exchange and thoroughly enjoyed myself, meeting 2 new teacup buddies in the process.  After looking at Stephanie's blog it piqued my interest so I began searching for more. I found some terrific blogs that reflected my interests and spent a lot of time going through them.  I was hooked and there was no turning back.  I wanted to do this too.  There were MANY frustrations along the way, I'm lucky my hubby didn't divorce me LOL.  Through this he kept threatening to write a blog about me writing a blog.  Stephanie was wonderful at assisting and getting me through the rough spots and I'll be forever grateful!

What were my reasons for deciding to create a blog?

1.  It would give me an opportunity to share things that I enjoyed such as crafting, decorating,                  renovating, nature, etc.

2.  It would hopefully allow me to meet people with similar interests, to enjoy and experience the            camaraderie of the blogging community. 

3.  I was hoping it would motivate me to get moving on house renos, painting, etc.  Things that I've          been wanting to do but just couldn't get started on.

4.  It looked like a lot of fun and I wanted to join in on that fun...LOL.

Well...this blog is still a work in progress so bear with me as I continue to learn.  So far it has been a very enjoyable experience.  I had heard the blogging community is saturated with wonderful and supportive people and I have found this to be true.  I'm truly amazed at how friendships are already starting to develop and in such a short period of time.  Everybody has been so kind.  

Thank you so much for your kind words and support that you have all shown.  I love reading your comments, it brightens my day.  Please keep them coming haha!!




20 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I felt the same as you did when I sent my first post on my blog. I have met so many wonderful friends, sure have no regrets. Still love blogging, glad to have meet you.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear and keep it up!!!! Blogging is a lot of fun and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first post went out in 2007, and since then I have come to know so many lovely people all over the world. We may never meet, but there is a certain connection over the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Kelly,

    Congratulations on one month of blogging! You are doing great! It is enjoyable to follow you as you fix up your home. I love seeing your beautiful decorating pieces and furniture.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and Welcome to "Blog Land!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Happy Blogversary ! Welcome to blog land it is a wonderful place with lots of good friends to make . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is so fun to meet new people and get great ideas, it's like looking through a magazine but on line :) I have followed Stephanie for some time, she is a wonderful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you started a blog, Aunt Kelly :) With your beautiful home and clever crafts your blog will always be a source of inspiration.

    This coming July will be my 4th year of blogging - where does the time go?! I, too, had no idea about blogging, but soon I learned that there is a beautiful blogging community that is filled with precious people.

    Happy blogging! I hope you enjoy the journey to its fullest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy First Month Blogaversary!!! It will be your first year before you know it! You will get to grips with things as you go on, and if you want to do something there is lots of help online, or just shout out here and I bet that someone will jump in and help, I have received lots of bloggy help! As for tinkering with your blog I expect that you will always do that and continue to play, I have just refreshed my look again and have more to do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You are doing a great job and I look forward to many more lovely posts.


    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for stopping in. I can't seem to contact you so I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful compliments. Kelly

      Delete
    2. Hi Kelly,
      You are welcome. I don't have a blog and follow you by e-mail. I may not comment on every post, but I do read them and I think you are doing a great job. I am so glad you decided to blog. Darlene

      Delete
    3. Hi Darlene, I'm thrilled that you're following by e-mail. Thank you so much, it means the world to me!

      Delete
  11. Happy 1-month anniversary, Kelly! I look forward to seeing what's inside your big barn. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your first month of blogging! It is such a joy to visit with other ladies, to be encouraged, inspired, challenged... so many wonderful things come of blogging! Happy to have met you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will meet many dear friends in blog land who will encourage, support, and love. There's just no place like it. :) We learn many new things every day too.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on one month! I really enjoy blogging, and my only frustration is trying to keep up my visits with everyone. It really is a great way to strike up some lasting friendships with people all over the world. Participating in various swaps is also a great way to make friendships. If I ever have a question about blogging, I ask right on my blog and people are so quick to help you out. Actually when I post about a blogging question, those posts get the most visits and comments! Even with personal stuff, you will be amazed at the outpouring of concern and comfort people give you, often through personal emails. Enjoy :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your one month anniversary, Kelly!
    Those are exciting times for sure.
    Your reasons for blogging were great, and such incentive especially towards your home.
    Your mother would be blessed with your blog and all that you are doing with your home in the country.

    Much love~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Kelly :) You have a gorgeous blog. I hit "publish" last July,  for the same reasons as you and I felt the same as you did when first post on my blog. I still love blogging. Lots of love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, I am a 3 month blogger now...I questioned myself too. Thankfully my curiosity and determination got the best of me and here I am. So glad to be in this community of lovely ladies. Happy 1 month Anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete