Saturday, February 13, 2016

BRRRR!!!!!

Hi Friends!  Winter is finally here.  We had snow squalls over night and now it's a VERY bright, clear, sunny day...BUT...it's freezing out there.  Poor Katie ran out and back in as fast as she could this morning.  At 6:00 a.m. this morning, it was -35°C (with the windchill).  It has now warmed up to a balmy -27°C (with the windchill, -19°C without the windchill).  BRRRR!!!! I can't wait until Spring.  We have been very lucky this year because we haven't had the deep freeze until now, it usually occurs in January in this area.  Now that we're nearly half way through February, things are looking up.  I'm hoping this cold snap doesn't last more than a few days.  Can you believe we had temperatures of at least +10°C (+ 50°F) a short time ago?  My how the weather can change.

This birdhouse obviously isn't in use right now, they'd have to shovel their way out LOL.






I took this photo through the glass door last night, it shows some of the beautiful snowflakes falling down.  The birdhouse is actually large but I couldn't get near it due to the snowdrifts piling up against the door.


Today I have been busy staining fabrics as I'm hoping to make some crafts in the next day or so.  I'm also hoping to continue work on the dining room.  It's at a bit of a standstill right now.  I'll post the pictures once it's completed.

May you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend.  For those of you experiencing winter...stay warm.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos ! Yup we finally have our winter here to now was late but like they say better late then never lol the snow squalls have been on and off for two days so far here with high winds and bitterly cold -27C with the windchill BRR ! Wood stove has been an extra cozy warmth as has lots of pots of tea and home made soups and stews in the slow cooker YUM ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day and stay safe and cozy and Have a Happy Valentines day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening, brrr is right. So cold here too. I love your frosty pictures, keep cozy.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cold that looks! I think your birds would need warm blankets for their nest box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had the warmest winter I can remember until this weekend. Of course, two degrees is warm compared to your weather. Keep cozy and have a sweet Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brr! It's cold in here. There must be some Toros in the atmosphere! (Sorry, I love "Bring it On" Hee!).

    I'm soooooo glad that I didn't have to go to work yesterday and could just hibernate inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for popping over to my blog. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was -4F this morning around 8:30. The sun shining down made the trees and everything look like it was made of crystal. A barbed wire fence looked like it was made of beaded diamonds. Absolutely gorgeous.

    But that is soooo cold and I am ready for Spring. We have had a mild Winter over all, but I am still tired of the cold. Plus I want to play in the dirt. :-)

    Dreaming of my garden. Happy dreams to all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a lot of snow, usually we have one big snowfall here in Southern Illinois but all we have had is several small amounts like nothing more than 2 inches. They are saying lower 60's by Friday, that just amazes me after so many days of below freezing for the highs. Good time to get a lot of inside work done that's for sure :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is really really cold! We have somehow managed to avoid those frigid temps. The coldest it got here this winter was -20 towards the end of December, and it wasn't too bad with the snow piled high around the house to help keep things warm. But your temps sound horribly frigid...brr indeed! Stay warm my friend, and I'll look forward to seeing what craftiness you are up to, staining fabrics sounds really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete