Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Rustic Farmhouse Table

Hi there,

I didn't think I'd post again so soon but I just love this antique table that I bought last week and thought I would share it with you.

As you know, I'm trying to switch from Primitive Decor to Farmhouse Decor, or at least find a balance in between.  I love both!!!  I keep my eyes open regularly for farmhouse decor, old cabinets, etc., especially in white or something that I can paint.  Cabinets aren't that easy to find in my price range, most are very expensive in this area.  Last week I came across this cabinet on-line and thought it was wonderful.  I went to see it and loved it immediately.  I bought it for $20.00.  What an amazing deal.  I still need to wash it down but it definitely has that old farmhouse design I'm looking for.

I originally purchased it for the upstairs bathroom but it doesn't look like it's going to fit.  I had hoped to place the antique medicine cabinet above it, I thought it would tie in perfectly with the table to provide that perfect farmhouse look.  I had also considered placing my new antique mirror with it.

I took the photos outside since I'm not sure where I'm going to place it yet.  Please ignore the grass, we're not getting much rain this year.  The lawn has also gone through a tough transition this year - but that's a whole other story lol!

I love the ironstone pieces on it - it gives me that farmhouse feel that I love so much.



I love the old worn finish and the rusty old nails.





The lady I purchased it from told me that it was in the barn when they purchased their home.  She is into new furnishings so just wanted to get rid of it.  That works for me!!  She was told by her realtor that it is an old washstand.  I'm not sure if I agree.  Does anyone know what it actually is?  I was wondering if it had maybe been an old work table for a farmhouse kitchen or possibly a desk.  I just don't know.  Send me your thoughts, I'd love to hear your from you.

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

~ Kelly ~

19 comments:

  1. I love it. Not sure what it is??/ Cant wait to see where you put it.. How fun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is, but I can see it as a washstand, desk, table, hall table, anything! It is very honest and real isn't it which is what farmhouse furniture is. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you in switching some of my primitive stuff out for the farmhouse style and in loving both!! I've had fun collecting antiques/old stuff when I can find it for cheap.
    Love your stand -- it's perfect for the farmhouse style of decorating! It would make a cute end table in a living room (my sister-in-law has one something like that in hers!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table and the farmhouse look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slowly moving to rustic farmhouse style-hoping slow enough my husband won't notice until it is done LOL. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice score, Kelly! It looks like an old table or desk to me.

    P.S. My grass is also thirsting for some water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deal, I love when we can find those good deals... I am more with you in thinking it is a kitchen work table. My home has a mixture of a few different styles but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it , looks great . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Killer deal. We love our farmhouse decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Killer deal. We love our farmhouse decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful, Kelly! Such a good deal! I don't know what it was used for, but I can picture it for all kinds of things, now :) Love the chippy white finish. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a charming little table.. I don't know what it is exactly but it sure was nice find! It's got that farmhouse look for sure. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for it. Have a great week.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice you are back after a long blog break :)  This is an amazing deal, indeed. And gorgeous too ;) Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  14. omgosh!! I LOVE THIS TABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I wish it was MINE! lol I love a mix of prim and farmhouse. It's perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure how I missed this post, but I did....although my blog visiting has been rather pathetic as of late so it's no wonder I didn't see it in my feeder.

    Your table is fabulous and if I lived nearby I would have to sneak in and "borrow" it {{smiles}} It's very sweet and charming.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog even when you are busy - your comments always bless my heart. You are not far from my thoughts and prayers, Aunt Kelly. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure what it was originally used for, but it sure is beautiful! What a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous find for $20! I would have grabbed it too! I think it is a farmhouse work table for the kitchen. It would look great anywhere though. Love the patina, minus the dirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like it would fit perfectly in some of the historic houses/museums I visit! Hope you found a good place for it.

    ReplyDelete